Monday 24 October 2016

My Version of Seth Apter's "Altered Book"

Servus!

I hope you aren't trapped in fog as we are here in Vienna! ;)
It is that time of the year when spending time at my workdesk is one of my favourite things to do and I feel I am a lot more relaxed and patient to follow some good online workshops (maybe because I don't feel I am missing as much by staying inside as I do at other times).

This time I followed another of Seth Apter's - his "Altered Book" workshop.




I especially love about his way of doing the binding that you can finish the book first and then take your time to create and add the pages as you go and whenever you feel one is finished (and good enough) to become part of it. I also love that you use a cover of an old book to give it a new life.




The shabbier the better! And any imperfections from torn pages or damaged edges are more than welcome as they add so much to the character of the book and add to its "story".




To create my cover I used some rub ons, metal embellishments and fleamarket finds alongside some old book page scraps and a piece of mica.




The first page I created was done using a beautiful IndigoBlu rubber stamp.




The handwritten dedication on the cover's inside was taken from the same dictionary that I used the cover of and also to create my pages from. It dates back to 1922 and I just felt I had to "save" it from getting lost and forgotten.




And this is the first page I did (more are to follow - hopefully soon ;).




And this is how it looks when being flipped over.




As you can see there is still enough room for more pages with tree art on it!




I definitely loved creating this shabby and old looking book! I just love how vintage it looks and that it offers so much freedom in the future process of finishing it up.




Thanks for stopping by and have a good start into the week!


Hugs and happy crafting!
Claudia
xxx

10 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous. I love this vintage looking book. Great artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Claudia!!! I signed up for the previous course having seen your rave reviews. Sorely tempted by this one now!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your altered book cover Claudia and look forward to viewing more pages xx Enjoy your crafty time and workshops
    Best Wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Claudia! Brilliant make. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. Yes. Yes. I love how this looks and where it is going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Claudia! As if you found it this way in the first place! Well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shabbier and beat up the better. I agree! Wonderful recycling of the book and the pages you have completed are awesome sauce. That door plate is smashingly Wowzers! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... I love this tree book, it's amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx